Monday, December 12, 2011

Has anyone used a Sony DCR-SX85 camcorder and got it to work with a Mac

"Has anyone used a Sony DCR-SX85 camcorder and got it to work with a Mac?
Im getting a new camcorder to use for my school project. I'm thinking of getting the camcorder stated above as its available at my local BestBuy and I need a camcorder soon! Apple has this camcorder listed as working with Mac's, but I just want to make sure.
Has anyone gotten this camcorder and successfully imported video from it onto their Mac?
Does it import the video through a USB cable?"
From discussions apple
Another situation is the model you bought is absolutely the one listed in iMovie'11 support web site, but still has problem:
"Hello All, I am needing some help. I am a new mac user and for the life of me I cannot import movies from my Sony DCR-SR68 to my mac pro. I was assuming that imovie would help me, but it doesn't. Does anyone know what I should do?" From discussions.apple
We can find clearly what models are supported by iMovie'11 from its official site:
Models need "Select "Standard" or "Video" mode to use with iMovie '09"
Sony DCR-DVD650
Sony DCR-DVD650E
Sony DCR-DVD850
Sony DCR-DVD850E
Sony DCR-DVD908E
Models with "Video stabilization limitations"
Sony DCR-DVD508
Sony DCR-DVD505
Sony DCR-DVD508
Sony DCR-DVD505
Sony DCR-SR5E
Sony DCR-SR5
Sony DCR-SR47
Sony DCR-SR47E
Sony DCR-SR48
Sony DCR-SR15E
Sony DCR-SR20
Sony DCR-SR300
Sony DCR-SR300E
Models with " Pixelated or choppy preview or Video stabilization limitations "
Sony DCR-SR100
Sony DCR-SR100E
Sony DCR-SR200
All the above modes will meet some problem when importing to iMovie'11, if you're boring to find a useful way after search Google for hours but got nothing, you can try commercial ones to solve the problem directly. Sony DCR to iMovie Converter for Mac aimed at converting Sony DCR MPEG-2 to iMovie MOV format for iMovie'11, iMovie'09, iMovie'08. After converting finish then make sure import the converted file to iMovie'11, iMovie directly by go to the File drop down menu and click Import. Let HD camera videos to YouTube import Sony DCR MPEG to iMovieeasily for any Sony DCR
Here is the easy guide on how to convert Sony DCR Video to iMovie'11 in a breeze:(Lion included)
Step1: Import Sony DCR video.
Hit "Add File" to input your Sony DCR file to the converter. More than one file is allowed to add at one time.

Step 2: Choose iMovie MOV.
Go to iMovie-> MOV

Step3: Convert Sony DCR movie to iMovie MOV.
Click "Start" button to convert Sony DCR Video to iMovie.

No comments:

Post a Comment