Thursday, March 15, 2012

iMovie doesn't recognize the format of Canon Vixia M2TS/MTS

"Video on canon vixia hf100 to mac (imovie version 8)?

Can someone please, please help me. I need a detailed (and simple) explanation on how to get my video on my canon to my mac and imovie. I've tried plugging it in and following all the directions but it shows up as a harddrive on my desktop (title: NO NAME) and imovie doesn't recognize the format when I try to import it.

Do i have to convert what I shot on my video camera to import it to imovie? What is the best program to do so?"

Mac Canon Vixia Video Converter is assuredly the easiest and quickest way for Canon camcorder owner to transcode HD M2TS or MTS video to Mac-compatible formats like MOV, MPEG4, etc. Meanwhile, it has various optimized presets for editing applications like Final Cut Express, FCP or iMovie; portable devices like iPad, iPhone 4, iPod Classic, iTouch, BlackBerry, Zune, Creative Zen, iRiver, etc.

Three steps on how to transfer or convert Canon Vixia video to Mac, iMovie or FCP, etc

Step 1: Download the Mac Canon Vixia video conversion program, then connect Canon Vixia camcorder to Mac. Click "Add File" to load .mts or .m2ts shootings into the application.

Step 2: Choose the output video format in the drop-up list of "Profile". If you intend to edit the recorded clips in iMovie, select iMovie video->iMovie MPEG-4 H.264 video format as the target format.

Step 3: Hit "Start" to begin the Canon Vixia to iMovie conversion.


In addition, the Canon Vixia Video Converter for Mac also provides rich options such as Canon Vixia video trimming, Canon shooting cropping, Canon Vixia video effect, snapshot favorite picture and so forth. Know more about editing features of Mac HD camcorder video editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment